GSS s.r.l. operates in the Oil & Gas field with the aim to evaluate the tested units performance.
Main activities carried out:
- Gas Turbine Performance Test
- Centrifugal Compressor Performance Test
- Surge Test
- Steam Turbine Performance Test
- Enclosure Temperature Mapping
The installation of additional instruments is provided for all tests. GSS s.r.l. is able to acquire temperature and pressure values with a high precision calibrated instrumentation.
The software programs can acquire, collect and elaborate data.
In this way GSS s.r.l. is able to perform the test in site but also in remote condition realizing ad hoc telediagnostic systems for the monitoring and the solution of specific plant problems.
The purpose of the Gas Turbine Performance Test is to evaluate the turbine shaft output power and heat rate corrected to the reference conditions and compare them to the guarantee values.
The test has to be carried out in baseload condition:
- Fuel gas limitation for exhaust temperature control
- IGV fully opened
- 100% speed of high pressure gas turbine shaft
If the test running conditions are different from those specified, the test results should be corrected taking into account the differences between reference and test condition.
Customer will provide to deliver to GS&S Turbine, Compressor/Generator and flowmeter datasheet and operating curves.
Moreover, customer will provide to GS&S the actual gas composition in order to complete the performance calculation.
The performance test will be carried out after the following actions:
- Turbine Axial-Compressor OFF-LINE Water Wash right before the test
- Check of the Axial-Compressor Discharge Temperature (CTDA) and Axial Compressor Discharge Pressure (CPD) Unit instruments
- Check for VSV calibration (consistency between local indicator and DCS readings, deviation less than 1 DegA)
- Shut down of all auxiliary generators
All tests are in accordance with the approved international standard (ASME PTC 22, ASME PTC 10, ASME PTC 6.2, ASME PTC 19.1, ISO 5167)
Our Field Engineers, ISO 18436 "Vibration Analysis" certified, are all properly trained in the use and reading of "Bently Nevada" systems, both plant and field service systems. GS&S is also able to take improving action on the unit, reducing balancing level (Trim Balance), minimizing required unit start-up.
Our team can perform measurement and analysis for torsional vibration on rotating equipment: a complete torsional vibration behavior assessment, analysis and modal validation can be provided, using dedicated instrumentation and data acquisition system.
This kind of test can solve or prevent serious issues on the unit, avoiding unit trips and plant stops.
Our team analyzes displacements of piping, basis, and any other plant component.
The DASBOX System
The DASBOX project was created in order to enhance plant control and monitoring during the execution of critical tasks, such as emergency or programmed and non-programmed maintenance activities, by means of applying the latest available technologies. The DASBOX system tries to solve two fundamental requirements during these particular activities:
- Acquiring and storing data coming from plant sensors and systems, whether they are already installed at the plant or they are added for the accomplishment of the relevant activity.
- Supporting and monitoring remotely these critical tasks in order to minimize the anomalies in the production and speed-up the maintenance activities.
The system can be customized in order to match the particular needs of the plant. It can monitor 24h a day or during periods defined by the customer, successing to monitor whole machine startups and shutdowns or defined time spans during base load operation. All this permits to decrease the activity costs related to the personnel travelling on site. Furthermore, once that the system is installed, it can operate autonomously and the acquired data can be analyzed remotely.
The monitoring system is able to connect autonomously to any WAN, Wi-Fi, UMTS, GSM, Satellite, ISDN and ADSL network. Communications are carried out securely and following the industrial standards. The first installation and configuration of the system is fulfilled by our technicians, verifying that the DASBOX operates and communicates correctly, showing to the site personnel all the information needed. Our technicians will also guarantee any remote support for the operation of the system, when requested. The easy-to-use configuration interface allows non-trained users to utilize the system autonomously. The great versatility of the DASBOX system makes possible to customize it with software and hardware required by the customer.
Our Field Engineers are ISO 18436 certified: they use advanced instruments like "Bently Nevada ADRE 408" and additional probes as no-contact probes, seismics and accelerometers; they are all properly trained to use and reading Bently Nevada analysis systems, both plant and field service systems.
GS&S is also able to take improving action on the unit, reducing balancing level (Trim Balance), minimizing required unit start-up, and then reducing unit stop time.
Our technicians are able to perform trim balance with or without phase reference on the shaft (key-phasor): in the first case only 3 units run are necessary, 5 run in the second case.
Our team performs measurement and analysis for torsional vibration on rotating equipment: a complete torsional vibration behavior assessment, analysis and modal validation can be provided, using dedicated instrumentation and data acquisition system. Our company is able to keep under control rotor Torsional Natural Frequencies, verifying interaction with other plant machinery (i.e. electrical motor), and can set up a monitoring system, integrated with unit control system.
This test can help to solve or avoid serious problem with all auxiliary systems, minimizing unit shut down. The test provides the temperature sensor installation in the critical point inside enclosure and the connection to our DAS (Data Acquisition System).
Our software is engineered to eliminate forced outages due to failures which could cause massive production losses.
In addition, it is used in other applications for managing field service resources with increased efficiency and lowered costs.
An example of GS&S software are:
- PEMS (Predictive Emissions Monitoring System): Turnkey system for monitoring rotating machine emissions of CO and NOx. Calculation with interface with the related monitoring panels, data acquisition and analysis by DLL calculation software, web site for visualization and control of monitoring.
- Dynamic-link Libraires (DLL) involved in thermodynamic and engineering calculation for performances test.
- FT&I Manager ("B52") advanced managing software used in field testing activities, able to coordinate engineering team, manage field procedure/report database.
Our society provides industrial experienced and qualified personnel, in order to successfully complete all plant assignments:
- Mechanical engineering technicians
- Electronic/electrical engineering technicians
- Steam process/boiler engineering technicians
- Machinery, control system PLC/DCS instrument engineers
- Systems engineers
GS&S operates in a wide range of application fields:
- Electric power plants
- Pipeline compressions stations
- Paper mills
- LNG Plants
- Transport gas stations
- Storage stations
- On shore and off-shore plants
- Gas Boosting Station
- LNG production plant
- LNG receiving terminal
- Off-shore production platform
- Oil Boosting Station
- Oil & Gas treatment plant
- Petrochemical plants
- Power generation
- Reinjection plant
The RCA core process defines a step-by-step approach to problem diagnosis and has three phases:
Gather and review existing information
Reach an agreed understanding
Create and execute a diagnostic data capture plan
Analyze the results and iterate if necessary
Identify root cause
Translate diagnostic data
Determine and implement fix
Confirm root cause addressed
- Site test procedure
- Site test instruments list
- Site test report
- Plant performances calculation
- Evaluation of uncertainty of measurements
GS&S can also help customer to manage all his documents, using appropriate managing software.
The calculation is in conformity with standards:
- UNI EN ISO 5167-2004 - "Measurement of fluid flow by means of pressure differential devices inserted in circular cross-section conduits running full" – Parts 1, 2, 3, 4
- ISO 5168-2005 – "Measurement of fluid flow - procedures for the evaluation of uncertainties"
- UNI CEI ENV 13005-2000 – "Guide to the expression of uncertainty in measurement"